NIJ 3 bulletproof vest
The first level of protection against rifle bullets is NIJ Level III body armor. To be classified at level III, the plates must be able to withstand at least six shots from a 7.62x51 NATO bullet, traveling at 2780 feet/second. These bulletproof vests are also capable of protecting AK 47 bullets.
Rigid, hard plates, frequently made of polyethylene, ceramic, titanium or steel , are used for this level of protection. Their power of resistance is amplified thanks to a pressed laminate.
The advantages of hard armor
- Extremely bullet resistant - ideal for heavy combat
- Can be worn externally, alleviating some of the disadvantages associated with body armor.
- Unlike body armor, it does not need to be worn all the time (it is easier to put it on and take it off as needed).
Disadvantages of hard armor
- Easily detectable
- Short lifespan
- Can be bulky (especially in hot temperatures)
- Increases the overall weight of safety equipment
- It can injure the wearer if they slip, fall, play on the ground or are in a crouching position
Tactical Delta, the reference for NIJ 3 Bulletproof Vests
At Tatique Delta , you will find all the necessary equipment so that you are ready to go into battle. In addition, we are committed to providing you with quality equipment so that you can be optimally protected.